This is a simple schematic that is really useful if you wanna make the following:
- Have the ACA630 enabled + Kickstart 3.1 for Workbench usage and WHDLoad fun
- Have the ACA630 disabled + Kickstart 1.3 for Floppy based old Games/Demos
It's really cool being able to have simultaneously both worlds for full pleasure and compatibility.
To be able to make a dual Kickstart you need to do the following:
- Combine an 1.3 + 3.1 Kickstart. Since Kickstart 1.3 is only 256KB we need to double it before combining it with the 3.1 Kickstart. You can easily do that from a DOS Prompt under Windows like that:
C:\> copy /b kick13.rom + /b kick13.rom + /b kick31.rom DualKick.bin
- Perform a "Byteswap" on the DualKick.bin image in your EPROM programmer.
- Burn the byteswapped DualKick.bin into an 27C800 1MB EPROM.
- You're set!
Disclaimer: I don't take any responsibility for you harming your Amiga or it's components using this method. It worked just fine for me and some fellow Amigans though. For more info you can check the original thread @ Amibay here.